July 10; 6:30-8:30 pm
SAPCC 2395 University Ave. W. #300E
Transportation Committee Agenda July 2017 (pending)
The Transportation Committee works on connectivity, walkability, biking options, and multimodal transportation in our community. One of the on-going projects of the Transportation Committee is the Raymond Ave. reconstruction project. Phase II finished in November 2015 and Phase III is expected to begin in spring 2016. City staff presented in early December on their plans. The Transportation Committee facilitated a public meeting in November to discuss the initial stages of planning and hear community feedback. See the presentation here: Raymond3-Presentation.
Please note: Phase III should allow passage during the state fair. The Raymond Ave. reconstruction work comes from a community participation effort called the Raymond Avenue Traffic Calming Project that began nearly a decade ago in order to make Raymond Ave. a safer, more pedestrian and bike-friendly route.
The Transportation Committee meet every first Monday of the month at 6:30pm.
The Transportation Committee set the following goals for themselves in 2017:
2017 Committee Goals
- On-going projects:
- Continue monitoring Raymond Phase III and Como Phase I reconstruction.
- Continue engagement with the Grand Round in South SAP, reopening discussion to promote the best alignment of the route between Raymond and Pelham.
- Support new projects that accomplish our vision of complete streets:
- Offer input to the Territorial Road project and support to move toward development.
- Offer support and input to the Cleveland project (north of Como 2018).
- Coordinate with Land Use Committee on transportation-related topics in the Dominium development (Weyerhauser site).
- Help plan the National Walk Summit 2017, mid-September, including walking tour in SAP.
- Involve the committee in transportation issues for the 10-year planning process.
- Improve connections with neighbors of all types, including recruitment to the committee.